This is the era of android. People prefer androids over iPhones for a majority of reasons. Androids are more affordable and come with a more lasting battery. Android users download a whole lot of new apps from the google play store every now and then. In this era of technology, apps have become an undetachable part of our lives. There are apps for everything from health to education everything is in apps. These conveniences come with problems. Hence, while downloading apps people often face the ‘There was a problem parsing the package’ popup. This pop-up inhibits app download. This article provides you with solutions to it.
Jump to the Topic
What is “There Was A Problem Parsing The Package”?
There was a problem parsing the package is a pop-up that appears while you download apps. This will stop your app installation. Reasons behind it could be one from the following list:
A Download File That Is Incomplete:
Sometimes, while downloading your file is incomplete. This can occur because of a lot of reasons. Poor internet connection could be one of them. Usually, in a situation like this, you see this popup.
Unsuitable OS Version:
In some cases, an app that you want to download is not suitable for your OS. This is because that app requires an OS that is more advanced than your current one. This will lead to the popup ‘There Was A Problem Parsing The Package’ on your screen.
Concern Of Your Security:
There are some apps that can attack the security of the users. They can even lead to loss of data. Your phone will stop these files to be downloaded. It is in this situation when you can see the ‘ There was A Problem Parsing The Package’ message.
APK Files That Are Corrupt:
Some APKs that we want to download from unofficial sources are corrupt. They might be a threat if downloaded on your device. Your device might inhibit their download with the popup.
When A Third Party Blocks Installation:
In cases where you have antivirus installed. They will most of the time block installation from unofficial sites. This is because these sites have a higher chance of containing viruses’. It is in these situations where ‘There Was A Problem Parsing The Package’ occurs.
Ways To Fix “There Was A Problem Parsing The Package”:
Now that you know the reasons for the problem, let us dive into the solutions. These are the best methods to fix the “There Was A Problem Parsing The Package” problem:
- USB Debugging Enabled: Enabling the USB Debugging of your device will solve the issue many a time. Follow the following steps to do so:
- Navigate to the settings of your device.
- Click open About Phone.
- You now see a “Build Number” option, click on it 7 times.
- A popup appears reading “You Are Now A Developer”.
- Go back to the settings and click open the developer option.
- In the tab, you find USB Debugging. Enable the tab.
- Incapacitate Antivirus Of Your Device: The antivirus of your device can be the reason for the ‘There was a problem parsing the package’ problem. Here is the trick, you can temporarily disable it. Simply download the APK and enable it again.
- Enable Installation From Unknown Sources: To allow download from unofficial sites, this trick might work for you. To temporarily enable it for the download follow the process:
- Navigate to the settings of your device.
- Go to the ‘Applications’
- Locate the “allow installation from Unknown Sources” tab.
- Enable it and you are done.
- Trick In Case Of Corrupt Files: If a corrupt APK is the reason behind “There was a problem parsing the package” a simple trick will do. All you need to do is to download the APK again. Install it again and this will solve your problem.
- Clearing Cache: Cookies are often the reason for download inhibition. They are downloaded while surfing on the internet and hinder downloads. To solve the problem, you have to clear the cache. To do so, all you need to do is to go to the settings of your google play store and locate a clear option. In this option ‘clear local search history’. This will clear out the cache from your play store.
- Incompatible APP: For the apps that are not compatible with the OS of your system. In such cases, all you can do is to find out the requirements of the app and try to fulfill them.
These simple ways will help you solve the “there was a problem parsing the package”. With these simple steps, you can deal with this problem in minutes.